Presentation of System Image Backup for Linux
Unlike Microsoft systems, Linux operating systems do not have a system image backup mechanism equivalent to Windows VSS.
Backups on Linux systems are often application backups. Their implementation is complicated because it involves having to recreate the procedure of backup from scratch for each configuration. We must also take into account the management of package dependencies, the amount to save drastically increases with the application backup.
Complete backup solution allows image systeme backup mode for Linux
This is the alternative solution that implements a full backup of the operating system. Relax and recover program allows you to archive an entire Linux system and supports incremential backup via TAR mechanism, then export its data via the network for example..
Main features of image backup mode for Linux
Used technology :
- Relax and Recover program (ReaR)
Optimization backup space :
- Data compression to reduce the size of the backups and transfers.
Choose partitions to backup
- File versioning management (number of saved version, cleanse delay).
- Possibility of excluding files
Image backup mode compatibilities
- Image backup mode compatibility available for most popular Linux distribution
- Restoration to a physical disk or file
- incremental backup available : reduces bandwidth requirements by more than 90% through a native Tar mechanism
- Scheduling backups allows you to manage at best bandwidth
Optimum data protection
- Data protection through encryption with a unique AES key only known by you.
- Data storage on certified data centers : ISO 27001, ISAE3402, PCI-DSS.